In case you haven't heard, Quokka Quilts and FQS have a great giveaway going on.
- Choose 12 prints and 3 solids from the awesome selection of fabrics found on the FQS website.
- Create a picture collage of your choices, blog about your bundle.
- Go to Quokka Quilts to post a link to your blog post.
Easy peasy because it's fun!! You can get all of the details on the post.
My starting point was the color chosen by Pantone for 2012--Tangerine Tango. I'm not sure if that exact shade is in any of my orange fabrics, but there were lots of lovely orange fabrics to choose from. Then I picked out some of the other prints in those fabric collections. Next was choosing the colors to compliment the oranges--I decided on blue-green and red-violet. Oh my goodness, they said 12 prints not 20+!!!
To winnow down my selection, I pasted the jpg's into my Paint program. Once I found a combination of prints that I liked, I chose three Kona solids to set them off. I think this bundle would make up great as a summer into fall quilt.
Here's my list of print fabrics (l to r):
- Crazy Daisy Blue Rhythm
- Meadow Friends Dragonfly Orange and Boy Lots of Dots
- Floral Folio Dark Orange Wavy Stripe
- Outfoxed Peach and Purple Wild Vines
- Floral Folio Dark Violet Allover Leaves
- Floral Folio Cream Large Floral
- Floral Folio Dark Violet Little Floral
- Flora Tangerine Secret Windows
- Crazy Daisy Turquoise Tile
- Meadow Friends Dragonfly Orange and Girl Curly Swirls
- Flora Turquoise Flower Bed
- Floral Folio Dark Orange Lots of Dots
The 3 solids are all Kona cottons:
Window shopping in my pj's is always fun. Maybe I can even save enough money to purchase my collection before all of the fabrics are sold out. Maybe....